Re: [O] [RFC] Standardized code block keywords

From: Daniel Bausch
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Standardized code block keywords
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:14:28 +0200

Am Dienstag 25 Oktober 2011, 03:30:46 schrieb Eric Schulte:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:
> > Hi Daniel,

> >> what about "#+name:" for [1] and [3], and "#+call:" for [2] ?
> >>
> >> That a table or list contains data is obvious.  The only thing, the
> >> additional line is for, is to "name" it.
> >
> > As Eric showed us, this is not always to name it... If the table is the
> > results of an unamed block, you will have #+name: followed by no name!
> >
> > #+name:
> > | line 1 | data1 |
> > | line 2 | data2 |
> >
> > what I also find quite disturbing.
>
> I also find this to be disconcerting. -- Eric
>
> > Best regards,
> >
> >   Seb

Then maybe #+results for (anonymous) results only, but #+name for anything
else from [1] and [3].  Wasn't there a concept of linking a results block to
its originiating source block by some id and we need a place to put the
checksum in.  So I see some arguments for treating results special.  But for
the others I do not see pressing arguments against a common "name" at the
moment.  However, I'd like to ask, what happens, if one refers to a name of a
source block where data is expected, does it then refer to the results
produced by that source block?  How are such situations handeled at the
moment?  In other words: is there any type checking?  Type checking could be
facilitated by using different words, although I think that is not neccessary,
because there are other means to distinguish the type of a block (look at the
next line in the buffer).

Daniel