Re: [O] emacs 24.1 and org compatibility

From: Michael Bach
Subject: Re: [O] emacs 24.1 and org compatibility
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 12:58:31 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Tassilo!

> Usually, if you've adapted your `load-path' to include the org lisp
> direcory before requiring/loading anything from org, then all the
> bundled org files from emacs should be shadowed.

Yeah, I thought so as well.  I manage org-mode (git) and my other 3rd
party packages with el-get [1].  In this case, somehow it does not play
along with the way emacs handles this shadowing of built-in packages.

The el-get init is pretty much the first thing I load from my emacs init
file.  So it should set the load-path accordingly.  I am too busy right
now to fix this, so for now I require the correct org-compat with an
explicit path.

cheers

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/dimitri/el-get