Re: [O] Trying to use a custom face for highlighting tags used in agenda

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Trying to use a custom face for highlighting tags used in agenda filtering
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 21:36:31 +0200

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Please find a (very usefulĀ ;-)) patch for highlighting (in the mode-line)
>> the tags which are used to filter the agenda.
>
> Applied thanks.

Thanks.

> I've updated the patch using org-propertize instead of propertize

OK, for better XEmacs support, if I understand well.

> and using a better default for the face :)

Well, I wouldn't call org-default a better default, but that's fine with me. I
mean: if org-default is black for the majority of the people, they won't even
see that you can customize that aspect of the modeline (in a light scheme).
So, I prefer some color (I chose orange) that everybody can customize, and
that makes everybody be aware of the tags used for filtering (in this case).
But, as said, I don't mind the default: I'll customize it anyway for my own
usage.

>> I'd like even to be able to put in one color the "positive" tags and in
>> another the "negative" ones, but that's above my current knowledge of
>> text-properties...
>
> Maybe you can start by replacing the 'identity function in the (mapconcat
> ...) by some (lambda (f) (if ...)) to check whether each tag filter starts
> with a + or a -. Just an idea.

Just that I'm still to ignorant of the inner working of property list. But
it's nice to give me a hint. That could help me to quicklier come with a
working solution.

>> Anyway, here is a usable first version -- where all tags are in the same
>> color, much more easily to spot (before you wonder why you have so few
>> lines in your agenda!).
>
> Yes, it might be useful to some people -- thanks for this!

Glad if it's of use.

Best regards,
  Seb

--