Re: [O] wrap long table formula

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] wrap long table formula
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 15:13:29 -0400

henry atting <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Christian Moe <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> |   |     |
> >> |---+-----|
> >> | 2 |     |
> >> | 6 |   4 |
> >> | 7 |   5 |
> >> | 3 | 4.5 |
> >> | 9 | 5.4 |
> >> #+TBLFM: @3$2..@>$2=vmean(@address@hidden)
> >>

> > Another common way to deal with an exceptional cell is to use a field
> > formula for the exceptional cell and a column formula for the rest:
> > field formulas take precedence:
> >
> > #+TBLFM: @2$2 = string("") :: $2 = vmean(@address@hidden)
> >

> Thanks again to all, both solutions are working fine; I could get rid of my
> tapeworm formula.
>
> Is there a place where these advanced features are explained more thoroughly?

All of this is contained in

    (info "(org) The spreadsheet")

but sometimes you have to read the section a few times (and refer back
to it a few more times): in particular

   (info "(org) References")

and

   (info "(org) Field and range formulas")

deserve repeated reading.

   (info "(org) Column formulas")

describes the field formula trick.

The whole spreadsheet section of the manual could benefit from a list of
well chosen examples (perhaps on Worg, with a pointer from the manual).
But afaict, everything is in the manual.

Nick