Re: [O] org-contacts and dates before 1970

From: Christoph LANGE
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts and dates before 1970
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 14:29:26 +0100

Dear all,

a late follow-up on the problem that, out of the box, org-contacts's
BIRTHDAY properties don't work with a 32-bit Emacs on Windows when there
are dates before 1970 (details quoted below).

For now I have "solved" this in an extremely pragmatic way: enabling the
display of anniversaries on 64-bit Linux only (which is the "other"
system on which I'm using my org file, and where it works).

In ~/.emacs:

(defun maybe-org-contacts-anniversaries (&optional field format)
  (if (equal system-configuration "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu")
      (org-contacts-anniversaries field format)))

In the contacts org file:

%%(maybe-org-contacts-anniversaries)

I guess that this could be handled more elegantly with an advice around
org-contacts-anniversaries, but I'm not yet an expert and couldn't
figure out how to do it.

Cheers,

Christoph

--