Re: [O] Pass LaTeX exporter option prior to \documentclass

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Pass LaTeX exporter option prior to \documentclass
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 13:29:53 -0400

John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:55 PM, suvayu ali <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Thanks for the workaround! So, to be clear, I'd type in what you wrote
> >> when I'm prompted for the command to use after =C-c C-e p=?
> >
> > No. I don't think org prompts for the command when exporting. You
> > should use customize to set the variable org-latex-to-pdf-process to
> > the above command.
> >

> Ah, sorry. You're right. I was thinking of =C-c C-c= from the .tex file
> buffer.
>
> Thanks again! It was a fringe scenario for sure!

Alternatively, you can define a new entry in org-export-latex-classes
that does what you want - I just cribbed the existing beamer entry and
modified it a bit (I had called it "beamerpdf14" at first, but apparently
numerics are not allowed):

,----
| (require 'org-latex)
| (setq beamerpdf  '("beamerpdf" "\\pdfminorversion=4\\documentclass{beamer}"
org-beamer-sectioning))
| (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-classes beamerpdf t)
`----

and then set

#+LATEX_CLASS: beamerpdf

in your org file.