[O] Bug(?) report footnotes

From: Markus Grebenstein
Subject: [O] Bug(?) report footnotes
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 12:38:24 +0100

Dear Orgmode community,

last week I submitted a journal paper of appr. 30 pages using orgmode and latex export and I ran into trouble regarding footnotes several times.

The document didn't compile due to wrongly set brackets of footnotes if:
A footnote is placed without a blank line infront of a heading that is exported as itemized.

so
 [fn:xyz]
**** Heading

was exported to something like

\footnote{asdfsdfasdfasdf \begin{itemize} qwerwerwqe}

since the document has been quite big it has been really plenty of work to find these errors.

If of any interest I can try to reproduce this in a less than 9500 word ducument.

Best Markus
P.S.: I used the IEEEtran class.