Re: [O] Makefile restructuring

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Makefile restructuring
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 22:23:30 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> A more complete recipe for setting up a tracking branch to a remote
> branch in git (assuming you've already cloned orgmode.git locally and
> have a clean working directory):

...which doesn't really work since I did a few experiments in the clone
and messed up the recipe by not checking the already existing
configuration.  So when you get the error message at step 4 you can
salvage it with:

$ git remote update
$ git branch --set-upstream local-Makefile remote-tableheadings/Makefile
$ git config branch.local-Makefile.rebase true

In a fresh clone that does not have pre-existing definitions and
configurations, this would be the right thing to do (and is a bit
shorter):

$ git remote add -t Makefile remote-tableheadings
git://repo.or.cz/org-mode/org-tableheadings.git
$ git remote update
$ git branch --track local-Makefile remote-tableheadings/Makefile
$ git config branch.local-Makefile.rebase true
$ git checkout local-Makefile

I tested it on a completely fresh clone this time. :-) Sorry for the
confusion

Regards,
Achim.