Re: [O] Custom agenda -- running functions, not just setting vars

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Custom agenda -- running functions, not just setting vars
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:49:45 +0100

Hi Bernt,

> Bernt Hansen wrote:
>> Tommy Kelly <address@hidden> writes:
>> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>>       (quote (( "x" "Test Agenda" agenda ""
>>              ((org-agenda-start-with-follow-mode t)
>>               (org-agenda-span 'day)
>>               (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t))))))
>>
>> but it doesn't handle the grid - I have that on by default by setting
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-time-grid (quote ((daily today remove-match)
>>                                 #("----------------" 0 16 (org-heading t))
>>                                 (830 1000 1200 1300 1500 1700))))
>>
>> which you can probably add to the above agenda definition but I didn't
>> bother.  If there are no items to display on the agenda there is a bug
>> where the grid is not shown but otherwise I think this works.
>
> I don't think that's a bug: this seems to be handled -- see parameter
> `require-timed' in the doc:

The problem is well that, if you force the timegrid even when there is no
timed event to show, you'll always have it.

It's nice for the daily agenda view, where one could want it, with or without
timed event foreseen.

It's much less nice for a block view where you have a couple of sub-agendas
(one with appointments only, one with deadlines only, one with scheduled
entries only: you get the timegrid displayed 3 times).

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban