[O] babel, beamer: Prevent apostrophe/single quote mangling, so examples

From: Mikhail Titov
Subject: [O] babel, beamer: Prevent apostrophe/single quote mangling, so examples can be reused from PDF
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:35:33 -0600

Hello!

I’ve picked up some templates from orgmode tutorials and I can successfully
create PDF made of beamer slides with babelized R code. The problem is that I
can’t reuse text from pdf by copy-pasting like SQL I used in RODBC examples.

At some point all my single quotes are turned into something that is not even
on my keyboard and looks like reversed back quote.

I’m not sure if mailing list can pass all these unchanged. I’m getting ’
instead of ' in the output.

What shall I look at to fix this? I really want all text to be easily reusable.

I feel like it is a LaTeX related problem since I see tex file as it is
supposed to be. But there must be some workaround or at least warning for babel
users of org-mode.

P.S. I typed in message in HTML mode and converted it to plain text later. And
it looks like even MS Outlook did this conversion in text :(

P.P.S. I have the following in output tex file if it makes any difference

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

and I'm running MS Windows with latest org mode from git and MikTeX 2.9 .

Mikhail