[O] launching appropriate application from file link in org file

From: Marc Croteau
Subject: [O] launching appropriate application from file link in org file
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:08:04 -0500

Hello,

Hope someone can help.
I have made a link to a file in my org file,
Many links call the appropriate application (for example, a link to a '.odt' launches the oowriter application. For one specific file, a keePass file, Emac org simply tries to open its in fundamental mode (and it appears as a binary file). I am able to launch correctly the file from the dired. Note, however, that I have added code to my init.el to use gnome to launch the file. My question: can I somehow tell org-mode about how I want files of this type to be opened should I double-click them.

Hope my question is clear enough.

Thank you in advance.
Marc Croteau
Toronto