Re: [O] Problem compiling C++ in Org-mode

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Problem compiling C++ in Org-mode
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:57:05 +0100

Hi Michael,

Michael Hannon wrote:
> Just for the record, adding the following to my .emacs file seems to solve
> the problem I was having, where the C++ compiler was compiling a source
> block (written  to a temporary file in /tmp/...) and was unable to find an
> include file in the current working directory:
>
> (setq org-babel-C++-compiler
>     (concat "g++ -std=c++0x "
>             "-I"
>             (expand-file-name ".")
>     )
> )

Your previous version contained "-I~/...". I don't know why you changed it,
but this could eventually enlighten you:

    ┏━━━━[ from Cygwin's ML]
    ┃ "If a word begins with an unquoted tilde character (`~'), all of the
    ┃ characters up to the first unquoted slash (or all characters, if there
    ┃ is no unquoted slash) are considered a TILDE-PREFIX."
    ┃
    ┃ Note "word begins". I've been bitten by this in a makefile:
    ┃
    ┃ OPENSSL_DIR := ~/lib/openssl
    ┃ CPPFLAGS := -I$(OPENSSL_DIR)
    ┃
    ┃ The gcc command line then contained -I~/lib/openssl, and the ~ was not
    ┃ expanded by the shell. ${HOME}/lib/openssl would have worked.
    ┗━━━━

Best regards,
  Seb

--