[O] odt export to google-docs problem continues

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: [O] odt export to google-docs problem continues
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:18:13 +0530

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
Suvayu/Rustom

suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Jambunathan,
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:06, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Can anyone else reproduce this?
>
> I can replicate this. The odt file exported by org-odt is not accepted
> by google docs even though libreoffice opens it without problems.
> However it I open it with libreoffice and say edit and save, google
> docs then accepts the new file.

With my some experimentation, I am able to reproduce it now. I have this
in my .emacs.

,----
| (setq org-export-odt-prettify-xml t)

Well now google docs accepts but libreoffice itself says "file is corrupt shall I repair?"
If I take the odt file directly made by exporter direcly in googledocs there are lots of spurious spaces eg between bullets and the first word.

If I push it through libreoffice and resave then googledocs does a better job of displaying