[O] TABLES: split cells on columns

From: Daniel Martins
Subject: [O] TABLES: split cells on columns
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:31:28 -0200

The feature of remove/add cell is quite important. Should be a feature request.

Another important feature request is to split cells.

Example (copying and paste the example above)

Example:
I have the following table:
|        1 |        1 |
|        2 | two words|
|        3 |        4 |
|        4 |          |

Now I want to split cell address@hidden and thus move the second part to the following cell below  in column 2 down one step.

After:
|        1 |        1 |
|        2 |       two|
|          |     words|
|        3 |        4 |
|        4 |          |

I do it several times when I put much comments on an entry and the column becomes much wider.

It is several commands (sometimes with rectangles, sometimes not depending on the remaining of the table) .

Is there an easy way to do this?

Daniel

Is there a s

2011/10/1 suvayu ali <address@hidden>
2011/9/30 Michael Brand <address@hidden>:
> Ehm - it is doable, but not by editing commands from Org table. Only
> with several rectangular edits or an Org table formula with a few
> tricks and a temporary column to be removed afterward.

There are some org-table specific rectangle edit commands that should
make it easier. Cut the cells with org-table-cut-region, and paste by
org-table-paste-rectangle.

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu