Re: [O] Updating Worg re standard source block syntax

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Updating Worg re standard source block syntax
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:30:33 +0100

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Martyn Jago <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> There are literally hundreds of uses of #+srcname and #+source within
>> Worg - should I be updating these to #+name ? In other words, does Worg
>> reflect the last official release (the Emacs release), or the bleeding
>> edge (I tend to assume the latter because of the Org community spirit of
>> Worg), but I fail to find any specific notice regarding this.
>>
>> Advice would be appreciated since I've found myself appreciating, and
>> adding to Worg more and more - and it seems to me it is a real quality of
>> Org that Worg can exist in the first place.
>>

> Is there any way to find out what the org version is at the worg site?
> This is something that I've wondered about in the past, but I keep
> forgetting to ask the question. E.g. it would be good to know the
> version, so when I make a change to worg content and test the change by
> publishing the site locally, I can use the exact version that is going
> to be used on the real site. Right now, I test with whatever version is
> running on my machine, which can lead to false conclusions (both positive
> and negative).

IIUC, the answer is no. But the best place for such information should be in
the output log of the publish process, that is at
http://orgmode.org/worg/publishing.txt

Adding

    (message "Org-mode %s on Emacs %s." org-version emacs-version)

-- or something alike -- in http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/emacs.el should do
it.

BTW, sorry, yes, the answer is yes: see section "What software is available on
Worg for Babel code execution?" on http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-setup.html.
But one can wonder if it's up-to-date. That's why adding it as proposed should
be done anyway.

Best regards,
  Seb

--