Re: [O] Org from ELPA question

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Org from ELPA question
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 03:17:28 -0500

Stelian Iancu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Org and Emacs newbie here.
>
> Using GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS
> apple-appkit-1038.36) of 2011-11-20 on bob.porkrind.org and Org from
> ELPA updated yesterday.
>
> I am encountering the problem with org-capture described here:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/48584
>
> After upgrading org yesterday, I can see that org-compat.el defines
> indeed the function org-pop-to-buffer-same-window.
>
> M-x locate-library tells me the following for org-compat:
>
> Library is file ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20111123/org-compat.elc
>
> So it seems that the correct one is seen. However, after require-ing
> org-compat, the function from above is still not known. Any ideas why?

Probably because you did not compile the new .el files: it's picking up
the old .elc file which still exists. Check the modification times of
org-compat.el and org-compat.elc to make sure.

Somebody else will have to tell you how to fix it though (whether the
above is correct or not): I've never played with ELPA packages.

Nick