Re: [O] BUG org-bibtex error for importing bibtex conference entries

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] BUG org-bibtex error for importing bibtex conference entries
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:50:09 +0900

On 11/24/2011 05:09 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
Torsten Wagner<address@hidden>  wrote:

Hi,
I was going to convert my bibtex file into an org-mode file.
I receive an error message for conference entries.
E.g.
I can read in by org-bibtex-read

@CONFERENCE{foo11,
   author = {foo, A. and faa, B},
   title = {This is the title},
   booktitle = {Proceeding of the 5th Org-mode conference},
   year = {2011},
   month = Jul,
   day = {4--5},
   conference_name = {org-mode V},
   keywords = {published},
   location = {Somewhere, org-land},
   presentation = {Oral}
}

I think the problem is in the reading: after org-bibtex-read,
*org-bibtex-entries* is still nil. I presume that's why
org-bibtex-write fails.

Yes it seems to be a problem within the bibtex-mode of emacs. I will try to send this upstream. However, I just learned that there is no difference between CONFERENCE and INPROCEEDINGS.
A search and replace in my BibTeX file should solve the problem for now.

Thanks for looking into it

Torsten