[O] Support for Bird-style Literate Haskell

From: Jean-Marie Gaillourdet
Subject: [O] Support for Bird-style Literate Haskell
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:31:28 +0100

Hi everybody,

I'd be interested to use org syntax in the comments of a literate haskell file.
I know and use occasionally org-babel. Though, this question is not about
org-babel. I am merely interested in telling org-mode to leave the code parts
of a literate Haskell file alone, i.e. similar to code blocks in org-mode. I
have no propblem with switching between org-mode and literate-haskell-mode
depending on what I am currently editing. I am not interested in org-babel
because I don't want to have a separate weaving step in my build system.

In case you don't know: Literate Haskell files (ending with .lhs) come in two
flavors: bird style and latex style. In bird style every line is a comment
unless it has '>' in the first column. And in latex style code blocks are
surround with \begin{code} and \end{code}. Haskell implementations do not care
what is in the non-code parts. So, I'd like to use org markup and especially
the editing features of org-mode. I'd prefer to work in bird-style and
latex-style would be fine as well.

Do you have any ideas/pointers how to achieve that?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
 Jean