[O] Can't get column view working

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: [O] Can't get column view working
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 22:42:46 +0900

Hi,

after I converted all my BibTeX stuff into a org-mode file, I thought
I can create (for the first time) a column view to see nicely title,
autors, year and bibtex-key. This would look very similar to Jabrefs
table view, which I used before.
I created the following line.

#+COLUMNS: %25TITLE %10AUTHOR %5YEAR %10CUSTOM_ID

However, switching into the column-view creates the column header with
the correct spacing but all headlines are empty now. Only many spaces
later in the same row I find the ... end markers. Tab still opens the
headline and q let me switch back.
Is there anything I do wrong? I tried

#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM %10AUTHOR %5YEAR %10CUSTOM_ID

as well as

#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM

without success.

It seems the column view is not working at all for my system. I tried
the example for org-mode beamer on worg as  well as the example in the
manual. I always get long blank rows.

Any idea?

Torsten