Re: [O] Getting rid of split frame with org-capture

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Getting rid of split frame with org-capture
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:35:38 +0000

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> <OT rant>
>
> org-protocol is below my horizon :-) I had gotten it working a long time
> ago, then something happened in ff and broke it, I fixed it, they broke
> it again and at some point I gave up: every time I had to fix it, I

I so sympathise with you!  I gave up on capture from ff for exactly this
reason.  Keyboard based cut'n'paste does the job with only a couple more
keystrokes in the end (C-l C-c M-tab C-c c n C-y C-c C-c).  Well, with
appropriate number of M-Tabs... YMMV, of course!

> feature. Similar remarks apply to the "improvements" of Unity and Gnome
> 3: a plague a' both their houses. All I need the damn desktop to do is
> open emacs when I click on the icon and give me enough workspaces for my
> needs (which vary).

which is why I use ratpoison with "C-t e" opening up Emacs... ;-)

> Ah, I feel better now...
>
> </OT rant>

As do I!  Thanks.

Apologies for the noise.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.598.g4e2a)