Re: [O] Capture aborts after selecting template

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [O] Capture aborts after selecting template
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 09:11:47 +0000 (UTC)

Bernt Hansen <bernt <at> norang.ca> writes:

> <snip>
> If you want to set adaptive-fill-mode to nil you need something like
> this instead:
>
> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook '(lambda () (setq adaptive-fill-mode nil)))
>
> <snip>

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I added
  (add-hook 'text-mode-hook '(lambda () (setq adaptive-fill-mode nil)))
as suggested. It didn't work at first, but then when I did C-u C-c C-x r to
"reload org uncompiled" and generate a backtrace, it did work and I was able to
use capture to add a todo list. The current status is that I have to reload org
uncompiled every time I restart emacs to get capture to work. The situation is
the same even when I comment out the preceding add-hook for text-mode-hook.  Any
idea how to fix this?