Re: [O] Beamer export of a subtree seems wrong.

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export of a subtree seems wrong.
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 20:15:39 +0000

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
> thanks for answering.
>
>> Exporting a sub-tree does not work for beamer because of how org treats
>> a sub-tree.  Basically, when compared with an export of the full file,
>> all headings are promoted one level up with the top level heading taking
>> on the role of the "file" enclosing the talk.
>>
>> If for the whole file, you have using the structure that says that 1st
>> level headings are topics and second level are slides, then when
>> exporting a sub-tree, the 1st level heading becomes the title of the
>> talk and second level headings become the topics.  This is not what you
>> expect.
>
> O.K. I got it (I guess). What a pitty, because it would be very nice
> to be able to split lecture notes into either individual notes per
> class or into a full lecture script by simply exporting the full
> document or a single subtree.
> Do you see any chance that the new way of exporting using
> org-elements, recently discussed will help to get this feature.
> At least, it seems to me it would be easier doable.
>
> Torsten

I have no idea.  I'm still a long ways behind in catching up with all
the org related emails I have accumulated over the past month or so.  I
have no idea what org-elements will or can do...  I'll come back to this
as soon as I know more!
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.381.g05ea.dirty)