Re: [O] Publish HTML Without Title

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Publish HTML Without Title
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:11:17 -0500

Rasmus Pank Roulund <address@hidden> wrote:

> The thing is, this is a 'new' thing, as the git blame log also
> suggests.  Which is bothersome.  But okay.

The scenario probably went something like this: a) move the title to the
preamble because that's the Right Thing (TM) b) oops - org-info.js broke
c) revert a) and make a note to fix it once org-info.js is fixed.

Things like this happen all the time: the question is what exactly broke
your web site. You could do some git archaelogy e.g. and figure out when
things were working and when they broke and go through the ML and figure out
why things changed the way they did etc. I suspect it's not worth your time
though.

> > Next question: can't you get rid of the instance in your preamble at
> > least
> > temporarily? Does it have to be in the "top" div?
>
> Well, you know, I would have to redesign my website.  It is possible,
> but I like it. . .
>
> The header on each side is something like:
>
> | Title        |             | Menu          |
> | Left aligned | empty space | Right aligned |
>
> Which is rather neat IMO.
>
> It used to work.  I don't know under which version of Org I wrote
> (probably mostly stole :) the original CSS but I am guessing 7.6.
>
> I had hoped for some command I could #+BIND to have Org behave as
> before, (e.g. similar to the BIND for removing \maketitle in LaTeX).

You can just use your own private patch to org-html.el to get rid of the
offending entry and just keep rebasing it on top of any updates. There
is a section in the FAQ that describes the process. Then when things settle
down and depending on *how* they settle down, you can either throw the patch
away (if everything ends up working without it) or submit it for inclusion.

The relevant section of the FAQ is

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#keeping-local-changes-current-with-Org-mode-development

Nick