Re: [O] [feature request] Org as an Excerpt Database (or Multivalue Pro

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: Re: [O] [feature request] Org as an Excerpt Database (or Multivalue Properties)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 00:09:48 +0000 (UTC)

Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld <at> gmx.ch> writes:

> A property search for "code-writing" should match this citation and all
> others with this property. An additional search for "career" should
> narrow the matches down. But orgmode understands "money, ... ethics" as
> ONE value, not FOUR. That's the problem.

Sven --

I think you should be able to get results you want using "regular expression"
searches on your 'keyword' field.  E.g., the following tags-todo search should
find headings that have both 'career' and 'code-writing' in a 'keyword'
property:

keyword={career}keyword={code-writing}

This search would find headings that had one or the other or both:

keyword={career\|code-writing}

Regular expressions start out simple but can get very complex.  I expect there's
a way to get whatever you want out of the "multi-value" property strings you
want to use.

-- Herb