Re: [O] Making ePub books

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Making ePub books
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 02:42:10 -0500

Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> wrote:

> >   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/41826/focus=41849
>
> Yes, Calibre does a nice job of converting XHTML to ePub; it can be
> read in all the readers that I use, but it won't pass the validation
> tests. OK unless you want to publish on sites that require validation.

Have you tried submitting an enhancement request to the calibre people?
It sounds (from my vantage point of a million miles away...) like a simple
thing for them to do and it might be a good thing for them as well as
for you: they can integrate the validation step in their testing and
catch errors that might be difficult to catch any other way. And it
seems to be a very active project, so you might get results pronto.

Nick