Re: [O] Including source code *from* a file in #+BEGIN_SRC blocks

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Including source code *from* a file in #+BEGIN_SRC blocks
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 09:00:24 -0700

Sankalp <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I've been using org mode's #+BEGIN_SRC ... <code> #+END_SRC feature to
> display source code.
>
> I was wondering if there's a way to include code from an external file.
> Like the *\lstinputlisting* feature in the LaTeX *listings* package.

You could write a code block which when executed wraps the file's
contents in a code block which is then inserted into the Org-mode
buffer.  For example if your external file is named foo.c and holds C
code the following

#+begin_src sh :exports results :results raw output
  echo "#+BEGIN_SRC C"
  cat foo.c
  echo "#+END_SRC"
#+end_src

will insert its contents into the buffer during every export.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/