Re: [O] [BUG] Various problems with org-odt export

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Various problems with org-odt export
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:54:38 +0100

Hi,

Thanks, the problem was indeed with setup and not with org-odt as such, so I'm really sorry about the noise. But I'm wondering if something needs to be done about the Makefile to make sure etc/styles installs.

Background: I'm in the habit of compiling and installing Org each time I pull, and as I'm on a Mac, that means changing a couple of installation paths in the Makefile so as to install into Emacs.app. All this probably puts me in a small minority of users.

The lisp files got installed all right, including the up-to-date org-odt.el and org-odt.elc.

And yes, I did for some reason have an older org-odt.el in my loadpath that was interfering. Very embarrassing. But after I got rid of that, I was definitely running the new org-odt.

However, things still did not work, and the reason seems to be that the etc/styles directory did not get installed into the appropriate etc directory in Emacs.app. Because the directory was missing, org-odt-styles-dir never got set; it kept throwing an error that it couldn't find the factory styles.

I copied the etc/styles dir manually over into Emacs.app, and now everything seems to work.

Could it be that, because there hasn't been anything to install from the etc directory before, the Org-mode Makefile doesn't take care of it? The only reference to "etc/" I've found in the Makefile is in connection with ELPA, which I don't use.

Yours,
Christian