[O] Defining new structural markup element

From: Levy, Roger
Subject: [O] Defining new structural markup element
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:33:03 +0000

Hi,

I'm a relative org newbie and I expect that this question is answered somewhere
in the manual, but I've searched and I can't find the answer.

I would like to define a new structural markup element for an org file and
specify its translation into latex.  e.g., I'd like to be able to put in my
document

#+begin_foo
bar
#+end_foo

and have this translated into LaTeX as something like

\em
bar
\em

but I'd like to be able to flexibly specify the LaTeX commands inserted at the
beginning and end of the "foo" block.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Best & many thanks in advance!

Roger