Re: [O] ODT export custom link colors?

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] ODT export custom link colors?
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:03:08 +0100

On 12/15/11 8:41 AM, Jambunathan K wrote:
I usually put the cursor on the text that I am interested in, press F11
and switch to char styles or whatever category. The right style would be
highlighted which you can directly inherit from.

Indeed, that's a better recipe. (On a Mac laptop keyboard, Cmd-T instead of F11.)

The exact scenario you describe here is documented in the manual.

(info "(org) Creating one-off styles")

The scenario was not mixing raw ODT XML in with Org, but using a custom link type to color text. The manual page you point to gives all the info one would need to figure out how to do it, and I should have given the reference. But the manual does not spell out exactly how to solve that scenario, so I thought that would be helpful.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-odt-format-fontify "This text is in red" "red-style")
#+end_src

It will mark the text in "red-style". You can similarly use this or this
for marking text in bold.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-odt-format-fontify "This text is in red" 'bold)
#+end_src

That's cool, but how do you suggest to use it? I tried it with =:exports results=, but that didn't work (the angle brackets got escaped).

But I probably misunderstood, and you meant to use it to generate the correct raw XML and then include the result in the text, with address@hidden signs added?

That works out of the box for the "bold" example, but not for "red-style" -- I assume we'd have to create that style first?

If you look at OrgOdtStyles.xml (C-h v org-odt-styles-dir) and you can
see a bunch of styles marked as "Org Agenda Styles". These are used for
marking TODO in red and DONE in green etc.

Copy&  paste those styles, fix the name and background color and you are
done.

Thanks, that's helpful.

Yours,
Christian