Re: [O] The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)

From: Dave Marquardt
Subject: Re: [O] The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:56:41 -0600

Dave Marquardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Dave Marquardt <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I installed Org 7.8.02 by downloading the tarball, untarring it, running
>>> make, then make install install-info.  When I run org-export-as-odt by
>>> C-c C-e o, I get this message:
>>>
>>>        Cannot find factory styles file. Check package dir layout
>>>
>>> Setting debug-on-error, I get this traceback.
>>
>> Did the suggestions in the followup posts work for you? Could you please
>> confirm.
>
> I haven't had time to check.  I worked around the problem for now by
> installing the style files by hand.

I tried again with a clean /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp.  I ran
"make all" and "make install install-info", and then tried to export a
file to ODT.  No change, same problem.

I believe the problem is that the install target in the Makefile doesn't
copy the style files to $(prefix)/share/emacs/etc/styles or
$(prefix)/share/emacs/site-lisp/etc/styles as the code expects.

-Dave