Re: [O] update agenda on file modification

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: Re: [O] update agenda on file modification
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 04:53:31 +0000 (UTC)

sergio <mailbox <at> sergio.spb.ru> writes:

> Is it possible to update agenda on .org file modification?

Do you mean whenever a buffer changes?  If so then I think the answer is No,
and you wouldn't want it to, since you frequently are working in agenda and
causing changes to the document buffers.  This has been discussed before and
even if performance was not a problem there are reasons for not regenerating
while you're in agenda.

There's a function that will regenerate the agenda after an idle time of x
seconds:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#sec-1-8-11

I assume it could be modified to check for changed files on disk, if you
wanted to use that as trigger for regeneration.

-- Herb