Re: [O] Bibliographic references

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] Bibliographic references
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:59:25 +1100

On 17/12/11 10:08:25, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Of course, this just handles the in-text part for formats other
> than
> > LaTeX.  LaTeX uses bibtex or biblatex to compile the list of
> > references.  I don't know how to accomplish this in ODT.  For html,
> > export from Org-mode to LaTeX, then use tex4ht to convert to html.
> This
> > leverages the bibtex capabilities and yields nicely formatted
> > bibliographies in html.
> >

> If libreoffice can import HTML, maybe the tex4ht way can work for ODT
> as
> well?

I suppose going through tex4ht is one way, but, to say the least, it
doesn't seem very elegant.

LyX manages to produce XHTML directly without going through the tex
procedure (though the Export -> LyXHTML procedure) . I'm not sure how,
but it even allows different citation styles to be ouput.

This seems like an important problem if Org is going to be the
mechanism for publishing both eBooks and printed books. The LyX people
are working hard on getting a direct eBook exporter, but it would be so
much nicer to be able to write directly in Org mode.

I regret that I don't have the programming skills to work on the
problem. It's always easy to sit back as a user and say "Gee, this
needs to be done."

Cheers,
Alan

Tel:  04 2748 6206              sip:address@hidden