Re: [O] Please test the new Makefile

From: Takaaki ISHIKAWA
Subject: Re: [O] Please test the new Makefile
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 00:06:41 +0900

Dear Achim,

Hi. Thank you for your comment and great work on refactoring Makefile.

> Just "make" doesn't work anymore (it displays a usage section to conform to
> GNU convention), you'll need "make all".  This now implies a "make clean", so
> you'll normally don't need this as an extra step anymore.

I see why you use "make all".

Could you tell me the current trend of Makefile?
I think "make" and "make all" have the same effect usually.
In the new Makefile of org-mode, however, "make" is used
for displaying options of make command.
Is this familiar to all?

For example, GNU Emacs doesn't require "make all", just "make".

Best regards,
Takaaki Ishikawa