Re: [O] fast navigation

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Re: [O] fast navigation
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:21:06 +0900

Hello,

Leo Alekseyev <address@hidden> writes:

> The patch indeed fixes the problem, but has the following side effect:
> the org-goto prompt now acquires a (possibly invalid) default
> location, e.g. after I go to node "foo" in some file (file1), and do
> an org-goto in some other file (file2), it will give me "foo" as a
> default location, even though there's no node "foo" in file2.  This is
> mostly a cosmetic bug, but a bug nonetheless, because the signature of
> the function in the patch is
> (org-refile-get-location &optional PROMPT DEFAULT-BUFFER NEW-NODES
> NO-EXCLUDE) and we are in fact passing nil to default-buffer.  I would
> expect this to suppress the showing of the default prompt.

It seems this bug is already present there and not introduced by the
patch I posted.

I think possible solutions are:
1) writing a function similer to org-refile-get-location to be called
   only by org-goto.

2) modifying org-refile-get-location so that it recognize it is called
   by org-goto and acts accordingly.

Its also possible I am totally wrong here because of my zero+ elisp
knowledge.

--
YYR