Re: [O] [DEV] Package org-find-timestamps on worg is now deprecated !

From: Marc-Oliver Ihm
Subject: Re: [O] [DEV] Package org-find-timestamps on worg is now deprecated !
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 22:36:37 +0100

Am 20.12.2011 01:12, schrieb Bernt Hansen:
Marc-Oliver Ihm<address@hidden>  writes:

There is probably some overlap here, but I do not see a way to find the
timstamps of CLOSED
entries with the agenda. So the agenda does not show what you have
accomplished, only what
is still open.

Another point are maybe inactive timestamps, which I use a lot to simply mark
my notes with
the current date. I do not know, if they readily show up in the agenda.

Try this in the daily/weekly agenda view:

C-u l to show clock logs, state changes, and closed time stamps [ to show
inactive
timestamps

HTH, Bernt

Hi Bernt, Hi list,

Now I have checked the commands available in the agenda and you are right: The
agenda already
contains excellent functionality to do nearly all of the things, my package
does.

Therefore I deprecated it on Worg by adding this line:

This module is now deprecated, because it mostly duplicates functionality
already provided
by the agenda; see the list of agenda commands and especially 'v l' for viewing
logbook
entries, 'v [' for showing inactive timestamps and 'j' to display the agenda
for a specified
date.

Thanx again for pointing this out !

Before polishing my next package for publishing, I will first ask the mailing list for any pointers to prior art :-)

with kind regards, Marc-Oliver Ihm