[O] Footnotes issue with LaTeX export

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Footnotes issue with LaTeX export
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 18:15:24 -0600

I'm experiencing an issue similar to this one:
--- http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2011-10/msg00544.html

I have a paragraph in which I reference a dollar amount (preceded by "$"). Attempting to insert a footnote anywhere in that paragraph gets me the error "Cannot insert a footnote here." Inserting one manually leaves the text black vs. fontified in the typical link color. Export produces it as the verbatim text ([fn:xx]) instead of converting it. Trying to escape the $ sign with \ doesn't fix the issue. Inserting another $ re-activates the footnote, but that will obviously convert my dollar amount to math font, which isn't what I want.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John