Re: [O] Orthogonality of blocks

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Orthogonality of blocks
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 13:37:02 -0700

Charles Turner <address@hidden> writes:

> Problem: I have two code blocks (#+BEGIN_SRC .. #+END) and I want to
> display them side by side on the page, perhaps within an org table.
>
> Is this possible? It doesn't seem to be. I think it would be nice to
> shove collapsed blocks into org table cells and have them rendered in
> the usual fashion with the different exporters. "First-class blocks"
> :-)
>
> Thanks,
>       Charles.

Hi Charles,

Currently this is not possible, I do see the appeal of being able to
display many elements of Org-mode documents side-by-side be they
paragraphs, tables or code blocks.  To the best of my knowledge the
current Org-mode -> html exporter is vertically serial and has no
facilities for side-by-side display.

Note that what you describe is likely possible using the existing
exporter and writing some custom CSS to control how the serial content
is displayed on the page.  The "display" css style would be relevant
here.

Hope this helps,

--
Eric Schulte