Re: [O] Please test the new Makefile

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Please test the new Makefile
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 22:50:59 +0100

I've implemented a few improvements in my fork that should take care of
most issues raised in recent discussions:

- default target is now "all" instead of "help"

- make does not complain when not inside a Git tree

- all installations prefixed with $(DESTDIR) to allow for staged
  installation

- introduced $(datadir) as replacement for $(etcdir) and moved into
  default.mk; $(datadir) is recorded as a defconst into org-install.el

- more robust shell code

- removed maint.mk and maint-targets.mk, these will have to be rolled
  into local.mk (or included from there) on the server

I'm uncertain about the integration of the ODT exporter (although it
works on my machine): it seems that the schema files should reside in
etc/schema (and ETCDIR should include schema on install)?  Why are the
schema files only in contrib?  Also there is some compile-time
evaluation of org-odt-data-dir that seems unnecessary to me (I don't set
this variable at compile-time, anyhow)?

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff: