Re: [O] Massive Org search

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] Massive Org search
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:45:47 -0500

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> I guess your code runs faster, but you might be interested in
>   M-x org-occur-in-agenda-files RET

Unless I remember wrongly, I tried it.  With many agenda files, Org
became too slow for my needs.  So, I thought I was unreasonable, and
managed to keep only a few agenda files, and made the little code I
shown you, as a (reasonable) compromise.

I guess that with fewer files, I would not have felt any problem.

François

P.S. This morning, I created a table with nearly 2000 entries.  The
initial creation took a few seconds, but then, the updating afterwards
is much faster than I expected, it is even quite workable.  I suspect
(without knowing) that much attention has been paid to these aspects.