Re: [O] [patch] Add test-run capability to Makefile

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] Add test-run capability to Makefile
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:15:36 +0100

Martyn Jago <address@hidden> writes:
> Since the Makefile is currently getting a refresh I thought it would be
> very useful to allow running of the regression test suite directly from
> make using `make test'.

Good idea, I just added it to my Makefile fork as well.

> The following patch achieves this and allows a user to run the
> regression test suite on the their system following installation. This
> makes it super-easy for a user to validate their latest org-mode
> installation.

Four tests require htmlize, which is a non-standard package (and can't
be found on my system in batch mode unless I direct Emacs to load my
.emacs anyway).  It would be nice if the tests would expectedly fail if
htmlize can't be found, maybe with an additional message in the summary
that full coverage hasn't been reached due to missing libraries.

Achim.