[O] Question on LaTeX scaling of images

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Question on LaTeX scaling of images
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 15:57:03 -0500

Hi, Org people.

I'm currently using Org mode for preparing a report, and notice that
through "C-c C-e d", small icon-style images meant to be inlined within
the text, and which are nicely seen in the Emacs window, are getting
spurious scaled fairly big in the produced PDF.  Apparently, if I guess
correctly, just so to get from the current position to the right margin.

I wonder if there is a way to inhibit this growth and keep the images
inlined in the output.  In a previous document using reStructuredText
(and Sphinx), I used such a feature a lot (for those familiar, through
reST "|macros|" for keeping the writing fluid), and would like to see if
I can do something similar with Org mode.  (Emacs inlining of images is
already quite confortable, yet macros also have their own virtues.)

For now, this is not really a problem, as I only need bigger screenshot
or diagrams, which seem to work just fine for the experiments I did.
Iconic marks and decorations are more on the side of fine tuning, I can
go without them.  :-).

François

P.S. Be comfortable to tell me, if you feel I'm abusing this forum with
questions and should rather ask elsewhere.