Re: [O] [patch] Add test-run capability to Makefile

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] Add test-run capability to Makefile
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 10:27:40 +0000

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Martyn Jago <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Since the Makefile is currently getting a refresh I thought it would be
>> very useful to allow running of the regression test suite directly from
>> make using `make test'.
>
> Nice -- I will test this through Achim's branch.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks!

However before you test it could you consider applying the following
patch. It is a fix to a relative character position offset change of 2
caused by the trailing whitespace cleanup (my bad for leaving dirty test
data)!

I may re-consider cleaning trailing whitespace in the post-save hook,
which is something I used to do, but which could generate a lot of
commit /noise/ where trailing whitespace removal isn't de-rigueur.

Best, Martyn