[O] Unfelicity while sorting entries

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Unfelicity while sorting entries
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 22:01:09 -0500

Hi, Org people!

Very soon after having started to learn Org mode, not long ago, I tried
the sorting feature "C-c ^".  It's just that I got the habit of sorting
lexicographically when there is no good reason to organize otherwise.
But I got the feeling sorting does not work well, so I left it alone,
and continued sorting by hand.  I retried sorting this evening, and now
might have a better description of what surprised me.

I would expect that the command sorts on what I see, rather than on what
is hidden.  In the case of a link, the sort would ideally consider the
description of a link, and the link itself only if there is no
description.  And never sort on the opening bracket itself.

François

P.S. "Unfelicity" is a wonderful word which I saw on the R mailing
lists, as Dr. Brian Ripley gets, hum, "unhappy" when people use "bug".