Re: [O] Gnuplot/babel issue with export to eps

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Gnuplot/babel issue with export to eps
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 21:01:32 -0600

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Chris Malone <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi John,

I'm not sure what Org mode is doing behind the scenes, but I suspect something is getting muddled because you specify both the src block file header /and/ the output terminal in the gnu plot code.

Perhaps a simpler solution - if you indeed want Postscript images - would be to remove the =:file …= header argument and specify the =set output= within the gnuplot script itself?  That should still generate the .eps file.

I may give this a try at work tomorrow... just tried the same file on my Mac at home (running the same linux setup) and it's working, though I still get a filename.eps and a filename-eps-converted-to.pdf output. It's just that the .eps on this computer is valid and viewable.

I'll have to dig into this some more; perhaps comparing org versions and .emacs config files.

I'm pulling from the org git repo and doing a make now on this computer as we speak. If it still works, I'll do the same at work tomorrow and see if that helps.

Thanks for the input,
John

Chris