[O] Generating boxplot (candlestick) diagrams (babel or org-plot)

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Generating boxplot (candlestick) diagrams (babel or org-plot)
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:44:59 +0100

Hi!

I'm new to babel/gnuplot/org-plot and want to generate classic
Boxplot[1] diagrams.

My tests failed so far:

#+TBLNAME: mydata
#+PLOT: title:"Boxplots of mydata" with:candlesticks
| A | B |
|---+---|
| 5 | 5 |
| 5 | 6 |
| 4 | 5 |
| 5 | 6 |
| 2 | 4 |
| 2 | 5 |

... with «org-plot/gnuplot» results in:
#+begin_verse
gnuplot-mode 0.6.0 (gnuplot 4.4) -- report bugs with "C-c C-u"
Starting gnuplot plotting program...Done

#+end_verse

... with nothing else.

#+begin_src gnuplot  :var data=mydata :file output.png
set title "Plot Test"

plot data using 1:2 with candlestick
#+end_src

... results in empty output.png file.

What is the problem here? At least the second method should end up
in an error message or a file with content I guess.

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxplot
--
Karl Voit