Re: [O] How to force redisplay?

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] How to force redisplay?
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:16:58 -0500

> Hello,

Hi, Nicolas!

> Well, that command already exists: `org-indent-indent-buffer'.

Thanks for this information.  (This replies to the question in my
original message: is there a command to correct the indention?)

>> I cannot reproduce it either.  It just occurs, once in a while, I did
>> not find a pattern yet.

> Just a few more questions. Does it happen:
> - while you're typing on the incorrect line?
> - while you're typing on another line?
> - just after opening the buffer for the first time?
> - just after opening the buffer for the first time, while you're typing
>   something in it?

Playing a bit to reply to your questions, I think I just found a way to
reproduce the problem dependably.  If on a header line of a section
having contents, I do something like:

   C-e RET *** Allo RET

(well, merely choose the number of asterisks so the problem shows!).
The "Allo" line will then get intended according to the number of stars
(which is very convenient), but the following contents lines keep their
original visual indentation, which might happen to be incorrect.

> Also, what happens when you type something on the faulty line? The
> indentation doesn't change?

No, the indentation does not change.

My usual work around was to move up to the header, shift right
(indentation gets fixed), then shift left (to counteract).

François