[O] LaTeX export: how to customize date format?

From: Carlos Russo
Subject: [O] LaTeX export: how to customize date format?
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 11:44:19 +0000

Hello,

Is there a way to customize how a date is exported into LaTeX?
Google couldn't help me on this.

For example, if an org file contains a timestamp <2012-01-09 Mon>, I'm
getting an italicized version in the .tex file, i.e. \textit{2012-01-09
Mon}.

I would like to be able to change how dates are displayed in a global
way. In particular, I'm interested in automatically formatting the dates
in my documents using \usepackage[option]{isodate}?

So, in other words, I'd like to tell orgmode that it should output the
following
\printdate{2012-01-09}
or
\date-range{2012-01-01}{2012-01-09}
for date ranges.

I could use then use
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[option]{isodate}
to quickly change the date format, which could produce results as
diverse as:
Jan 9, 2012
January 9, 2012
Janvier 9, 2012