Re: [O] Including source when exporting in PDF

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Including source when exporting in PDF
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:59:49 +0100

On 12 January 2012 14:54, Frozenlock <address@hidden> wrote:
> The code block I previously sent only require you to specify which
> _extension_ you want or don't want. No need to include any specific
> filename (other than the .zip file in the latex "include" command).
>
> Am I to understand you want something to include *all and only* tangled files?

Yes - and the files do have different extensions (e.g. .R, .sh, .sub,
none) and are not tangled necessarily in a specific directory.

and the original org file, but that is not a problem.

Rainer

> --
>
> I tried ":exports result" with no success. I'll try to send a minimum
> working example shortly.
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/01/12 03:06, Frozenlock wrote:
>>> To include multiple files, I export all of the required files
>>> before the PDF creation and zip them. This way, I only need to
>>> include a single zip file.
>>
>> Good idea.
>>

>>> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports none ;; various exports
>>> (save-window-excursion (org-export-as-ascii
>>> org-export-headline-levels)) (save-window-excursion
>>> (org-export-as-html org-export-headline-levels))
>>>
>>> ;;zip the required files (let ((filename (file-name-sans-extension
>>> (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name))))) (shell-command
>>> (concat "zip " filename ".zip " (mapconcat '(lambda (arg) arg)
>>> (remove-if '(lambda (filename) (string-match
>>> "\\.$\\|\\.pdf$\\|\\.atfi$\\|#" filename)) (directory-files
>>> (file-name-directory (buffer-file-name)))) " ")))) #+END_SRC
>>>
>>> (I've added this code in a babel block to evaluate just before the
>>> PDF export.)
>>
>> I actually did not want to fiddle with the file names, as it is to
>> easy to forget some: this concerns in my case literate programming of
>> a simulation model in R, resul;ting in several files of different
>> extensions - it is to easy to forget one.
>>
>> If I tangle, I get all the names of the tangled files, but I do not
>> know how I can feed them into the zip file.
>>

>>> As you can see, I make sure I don't include a previous PDF, or any
>>> other useless file.
>>
>> True.
>>

>>> If you wish to add only a single type of file, simply replace
>>> "remove-if" by "remove-if-not" and change the value in the
>>> string-match function. For example,
>>> "\\.$\\|\\.pdf$\\|\\.atfi$\\|#" would become "\\.lisp$" to include
>>> all your exported lisp files.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps!
>>>

>>> By the way, I can't get the code block to be evaluated
>>> automatically when I export to PDF, any clue on how to do that?
>>
>> I assume, it is caused by the :exports none - so no evaluation is done
>> on export. Try changing it to :exports result and then generate an
>> empty result, or a list of files included in the zip file.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rainer

>>> Following this idea - how can I easily attach all files created by
>>> tangling? Is there a programmatic way, without having to specify
>>> them manually?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Rainer

>> - --
>> Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation
>> Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)
>>
>> Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
> [...]

Fax (F):       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:     address@hidden

Skype:      RMkrug