Re: [O] Captions for src and example blocks

From: Christian Wittern
Subject: Re: [O] Captions for src and example blocks
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:11:05 +0900

Hi Jambunathan,

First of all, thanks for all your work with ODT, it makes org-mode so much more useful!
On 2012-01-15 01:38, Jambunathan K wrote:
As Nicolas notes, all essential infrastructure is in place. Only thing that needs to happen is to switch over the existing ODT backend to the new export engine.
OK, that is good to know.
If you have any specific opinions on how the example blocks need to be formatted by default - for eg, put the src blocks in a text frame, in this font and in that size, label and caption the listings this and that way, create an index entry for src listings, - and are willing to "show and tell" with a sample ODT document I am all ears. Jambunathan K.
I don't really have so strict requirements. I think It would be nice to be able to treat example blocks like figures, in that they can get automatic numbering (with #+LABEL?) and a caption. BTW, is it currently possible to set the size for figures (I mean, included graphic)? I know it is possible in Latex, but the Latex directive seems to be ignored by ODT? Anyway, I guess this problem will go away with the new generic exporter.

ALl the best,

Chris

--
Christian Wittern, Kyoto