Re: [O] byte-code: Error (org-odt): Cannot find factory styles files. Ab

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] byte-code: Error (org-odt): Cannot find factory styles files. Aborting.
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:20:30 +0530

Johnny <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to org-mode 7.8.03 (from 7.6) and now get this error
> message when trying to use the org-odt converter. With version 7.6, I used
> org-odt from contrib and that worked fine, so what is the reason for
> this error?
>
> I did see another post about this about installing "style files", but
> what are these and how do I install them?

It looks like one of your installation step is non-standard. There is an
easy workaround available but I would like to make sure that org-odt
auto-configures itself with minimal user intervention.

Please provide me information on
- how you downloaded the Org (git? tar file? elpa?)
- how did you compile. Did you do a make? Did you change the Makefile at
  all?
- how did you install. Did you do a make install?
- What OS/Distrib are you using

Do you see debug messages from the org-odt module in the *Messages*
buffer. They will look something similar to this - one for schema files
and one for styles files.

,----
| Debug (org-odt): Searching for OpenDocument styles files...
| Debug (org-odt): Trying c:/Documents and Settings/kjambunathan/My
Documents/My Data/src/org-mode/etc/styles/...
`----